DATE: 20 – 23 October 2016
PLACE: Kulturhuset Birkelundgaard, Damgaardsvej 25, 2620 Albertslund, Denmark.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS YEAR IS CLOSED.
The gathering will take place at Kulturhuset Birkelundgaard (Damgaardsvej 25, 2620 Albertslund), Denmark. Registered participants may arrive already on Thursday 20th October for an informal evening, to meet old and new friends, talk and jam and dance. The official programme (workshops etc) will start on Friday 21th and end on Sunday 23th of October, 2016. The evening concerts on Friday and Saturday will be open to the public.
Albertslund is located 18 km west of Copenhagen, easy to reach by S-train. Birkelundgaard is a 100 year old four-wing farm that nowadays works as a center for cultural events, due to an amazing organization of volunteers.
- Agnethe Christensen (Sweden/Denmark)
- Anna Rynefors & Erik Ask-Upmark (Sweden)
- Anouk Platenkamp (Netherlands)
- Aryeh Frankfurter & Lisa Lynne (USA)
- Bára Grímsdóttir & Chris Foster (Iceland/UK)
- Benjamin Bagby (USA)
- Eeva-Kaisa Kohonen (Finland)
- Helen Davies (Wales/Denmark)
- Kate Fletcher & Corwen Broch (UK)
- Leah Stuttard (UK/France)
- Niss Stricker (Denmark)
- Marit Steinsrud & Stein Villa (Norway)
- Mikuláš Bryan (Bohemia)
- Minna Raskinen (Finland)
- Vincent Michaud (Brittany/Finland)
- Wilfried Ulrich (Germany)
The official language of the meeting is music. We sing in many Nordic tongues (mostly in Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, or Swedish) but English is usually understood by everybody too.
The organiser of the Nordic Harp Meeting 2016 is Maria Ojantakanen.
The Nordic Harp Meeting 2016 will be made possible by financial support from Albertslund Kommunes Kultur- Bevægelses- & Sundhedsudvalget, from Clara Lachmanns fond för befrämjande av den skandinaviska samkänslan and from Sonning-Fonden, and through a travel grant from Kulturkontakt Nord.